Tuesday, July 7, 2015

From Sarah's Mom - Guest Post

This is a guest post by Sarah's mom Barbara.

Sarah's mom can't wait to become Grandma to grandchild number two! She is awesome with our nephew Henry and he can't get enough of her.






Hi, this is Sarah's mom. I am just going to tell you what I know and feel about Sarah and John and hope it all comes together in the end!

To begin with, this is what I know about them.  John and Sarah are both hard working, friendly, intelligent people and they will be affectionate and supportive parents. They both love children, but the interesting thing is that young children and babies seem to be able to sense this. They frequently smile or shyly wave at them when we are out shopping or dining.  I admit to a little envy there! I know that their child will be loved, cared for, and have many opportunities ahead of them. 

Sarah - newborn photo
I remember when Sarah was very young one of her teachers pointed out to me how Sarah would take one of her shyer friends and bring her into the play group.  She was very kind and when she became a teenager was the sought after babysitter in our neighborhood.  She and John are at the top of the list for watching their nephew Henry along with the children of their friends. Henry absolutely loves his Uncle John and Aunt Sarah!

John fits right in to our family and has since the first time we met him. We love him like he has been with us since day one. Seeing him with Henry, the way he loves him and rolls around on the floor playing with him, shows just what a great dad he is going to be.
 I was heartbroken when they found out they were unable 
 to conceive because I knew how much having a family meant to them. Our family was thrilled when they made the decision to adopt and we think it is great that they chose to go with open adoption, because it offers the birth mother the opportunity to stay in touch with the child if she so chooses. We can’t wait to welcome a new baby and his or her birth family with open arms! 


No comments:

Post a Comment