Thursday, August 21, 2014

No, You Have Been Challenged!

I have found that one of the best ways to pass the time in the adoption wait is to keep challenging myself.  I once challenged myself to stop eating sugar and succeeded... for a while. The holidays rolled around and that flew out the window. I have challenged myself to cut time off my best 5k time, to do a 30 day yoga challenge (success!), run a mile a day (eh, not so much success), to not buy coffee out for a week (success then subsequent failure when I tried to go a second week. Mmmm coffee!) and my favorite is to challenge myself to say "yes" to everything that is requested of me for a month at a time. This is within reason of course. I wont say yes to dangerous stuff or things I can't afford.

My "say yes" months are always the months that I am happiest and the most positive about life's little changes and speed bumps. September will be a "say yes" month. I challenge everyone to try it. Someone wants you to watch their kid? Say no problem! Someone wants to go out, but you are tired? Go anyway! I have had some of the best experiences saying yes when I wanted to say no. I got into yoga that way, but that was mostly saying yes to myself even when I thought I couldn't do it. I have seen concerts, Braves games, gotten closer to my friends, family members, and coworkers and have made friends out of strangers, all by saying yes. 

So upcoming challenges to myself: Say yes! New 30 day yoga challenge starts soon! Get back to accidentally mentioning Frank Turner in more blog posts, on (our FB page!), instagram  posts etc, because damn it, the man's music makes me happy and what we all need right now is to be happy. By the way, new album in 2015! New US tour apparently as well. Someone may have to keep me from spending all of my money traveling to shows. I digress. I am challenging myself to speak positively about myself no matter how many times I don't have time to work out or no matter how much pizza I eat. Pizza, yes please! I challenge myself to only speak positively about the people around me, no matter how they act or speak of others. I challenge myself to be ok with not finishing my challenges as long as I gave them all the ole' college try.

I challenge all of you to challenge yourselves to do something that makes you and those around you feel happy. I also challenge you all to share our adoption blog, because that would make us so very happy. How many times can I write the word challenge in one blog post? Apparently a hell of a lot of times. Whatever, you have been challenged.

Some Frank, because I am way too into this song right now. 


2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm going to say yes in September. I'm trying to say yes to getting off the couch and getting something done but hey, it is still August. But in September I'm going to say yes to helping at my son's school carnival, power washing the side walk, getting the weathered side of the house painted and the front deck power washed and stained. I'll let you know how I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Yes, it is still August, say no all you want. I am excited to already have someone else saying yes!
      I already did not speak negatively about a coworker when I could have! Winning one of my challenges already!

      Delete