John is a sports, music and animal loving guy. He has a strong presence wherever he goes and can even seem a little intimidating to those who don't know him. He will probably not love me saying this, but even though he looks tough at times, he is a big softy. He has a weak spot for anything small and furry, as well as babies. Children find him from across massive spaces and flock to him like he is made of candy. John is a musician with an endless library of music knowledge in stored in his brain (scratch that - he has a endless library of knowledge in general filed away). He is the perfect trivia team member and will be great at helping with homework one day. John wants to be a dad, play music, and curl with the Atlanta Curling Club to his hearts content. Attainable goals indeed.
I am a 34 year old who still likes to wear skulls and crossbones on my clothes, even though I am probably proving to be uncool doing so. I love music, writing (I have an idea for a book brewing and an intro started-ish), and trying to keep in shape by walking, jogging, and generally staying active. I have a bunch of ideas for tattoos I want to get, but haven't worked up the nerve to get one yet. I treat my cats like they are human and often find myself having conversations with them about life. I could probably put out at least four albums of songs I have adapted to be about my cats (wow, I sound so cool...) I am a two time kidney transplant recipient. Transplant recipient is one title that I have- it helped form who I am, but does not define me. I am an outspoken advocate for organ donation and kidney disease awareness. Ultimately, all I want to is complete our family, travel a bit and focus on making a difference in this world... somehow (details to be determined).
We have three cats Spike, Moe and Waffles. We got Spike (Spike Boatbutt Pickles Farrar) when we first lived together in college.. Spike is now 12 years old! Can't believe he is an old man now. We got Moe (Moe Alejandro Moseph Farrar) the following year, so that makes him 11. Waffles (Waffy Woo Woogs Woofy Farrar) came to us in 2010 right about the time we bought our house. I saw her at a vet's office and she was literally reaching and screaming for me. She is my shadow around the house. She is almost 4 this year! Time really flies.
Our cats:
| From Top Clockwise: Spike, Waffles, Moe : Cat Pile |
We are getting closer to finishing our home study renewal documents. It is quite the process. We are still home study approved from our last home study, we just had to start on paperwork early, so there is no lapse. I bought a rock n' play sleeper at the suggestion of quite a few friends, in case we have to travel and live in a hotel for the adoption. It is beyond me how to put it together though... I followed all of the directions, but parts are just not fitting. Sounds like a job for John.
Tomorrow is the Run 4 Your Life, Donate Life Georgia 5k. I am nowhere near prepared, but am excited to be involved in raising awareness to the cause anyway. John will be on the ice curling a lot this weekend, as the Spring season wraps up. It is almost summer, so Braves games, a vacation to Wilmington, NC and seeing some bands play are all in the works. As always, we remain hopeful that our family will have a tiny crying, pooping and all out fabulous baby in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment